Manager Alex Cole launches new firm
Elevate Ent. is a full-service management company
Manager Alex Cole, formerly of the Firm and Nine Yards Entertainment, has launched Elevate Entertainment, a full-service management company that includes talent, literary and reality departments as well as a development and production arm.
In representation, the company is 80-20 split between acting and writing/directing clients. Its talent roster, shepherded by founder-president Cole, includes Vinnie Jones, "Tron" co-star Serinda Swan, Jimmy Jean Louis ("Heroes"), Hannah Taylor Gordon, Karim Seleh, Myanna Buring and Justin Louis.
Partner Jenny Wood, who worked at ICM and Blumhouse Prods., handles the lit clients. Producer Peter Cohen (CBS' "I Get That a Lot") is head of reality, and Seth Howard, formerly vp production and development at Tribune Entertainment, is overseeing the development/ production arm.
With financial backing from U.K. firms, Elevate has a development slate of 10 TV series and longform projects. It has inked an overall deal with comic book veteran Howard Chaykin ("American Flagg!") to option two titles from his library and to create three new comics, to be developed for TV and film.
In the works with Chaykin is a spy action drama, starring Jones, that is eyed as a U.K.-Canada co-production, as well as a teen action feature franchise. Also tapped for projects are scribes Bob Engels and the trio of Kevin Sheridan, Anthony Szpak and Jessica Turner and Internet actor-writer Ross Patterson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR