Managing a Crisis, Millions at Stake
In the early morning hours of July 20, Warners executives received the news and rushed into action.
The challenge was unprecedented: The explosive gunfire that broke out in theater nine of Aurora, Colo.'s Century 16 multiplex at 12:38 a.m. MDT on Friday, July 20 resulted in the largest mass shooting in American history. It took place just as Warner Bros. was launching The Dark Knight Rises in 4,404 theaters in North America, the second-largest domestic opening ever.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR