Mandate Nabs Alcoholic Writer Dramedy ‘The Last Drop’
Graffiti artist Brandon Murphy and his standup comedian brother Phillip are behind the project.
Mandate is hitting the sauce for The Last Drop, picking up the spec by brothers Brandon and Phillip Murphy.
Mixing comedy and drama, Drop tells the story of a charming writer who is a fully functioning alcoholic by day, turned horribly dysfunctional by cocktail hour. While on assignment for The New Yorker, he meets the girl of his dreams, but soon discovers that there's a lot more at stake than love if he doesn't clean up his act.
Brandon Murphy is a graffiti artist and previously sold Pony Bush to Dimension with Broken Lizard producing.
Phillip Murphy is a stand-up comedian and hosts the online radio show The 99 Cent Bin. He is also a regular guest on Jackie “The Joke Man” Martling's
Sirius radio show.
The pair is repped by WME and Benderspink.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack