Mandy Patinkin Signs On for Showtime's 'Homeland'
The actor joins previously announced star Claire Danes.
Mandy Patinkin has officially joined Showtime’s new pilot, Homeland.
He joins previously announced Claire Danes, who plays CIA officer Carrie Anderson, and will fill the role of Saul, a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie’s boss and mentor.
Homeland, a Fox 21 production, is loosely based on Gideon Raff’s Israeli television series Prisoners of War, and will be executive produced by Raff, 24’s Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa (24, The X-Files). It centers on an American soldier who is taken prisoner during the Iraq invasion in 2003. The solder returns to the States after years captivity. Danes’ character Carrie is a driven CIA officer trying to fight her own psychological demons and is convinced that intelligence that led to the solder’s recapture was all a set-up.
The pilot, written by Raff, Gordon and Gansa, begins production in January.
Patinkin most recently starred in CBS’ Criminal Minds.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!