Manfred Westphal to Join APA as Senior Vice President Media
The former head of communications at FremantleMedia North America is expected to start in late September.
Communications and marketing executive Manfred Westphal is joining talent agency APA as svp of media, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The appointment follows a nearly five-year run as svp of marketing and communications for FremantleMedia North America, where Westphal oversaw publicity along with all corporate, trade and consumer marketing for the production company responsible for American Idol, America’s Got Talent and the soon-to-launch The X Factor.
In a newly created position at APA, Westphal will serve as primary communications and marketing officer across all divisions of the talent and media firm, which boasts a diverse roster of film, television, music, comedy and branded lifestyle clients.
Says APA president and CEO Jim Gosnell in an announcement released Wednesday: “Manfred’s extensive experience promoting all facets of the entertainment industry will be a tremendous asset to the firm as we continue to expand and diversify our reach across all media and consumer platforms. His extraordinary track record and reputation speaks volumes and I’m thrilled to have him join the company.”
Prior to joining APA, Westphal spent six years at Paramount Domestic Television, where he worked with division properties such as Entertainment Tonight, Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, The Montel Williams Show, the 2002 launch of The Dr. Phil Show, and the 2004 launch of The Insider.
At Fremantle, Westphal also supervised the strategic publicity and marketing campaigns for numerous launches of new and returning shows including the re-launch of The Price is Right with new host Drew Carey in 2007; the re-launch of Let’s Make A Deal with Wayne Brady in 2009; the re-launch of Family Feud with Steve Harvey in 2010; and the 10th season re-launch of American Idol with judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
Westphal is expected to start in late September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack