Maker of Oscar Statuettes to Lay Off 95 Employees
Awards manufacturer R.S. Owens was recently acquired by St. Regis Crystal.
R.S. Owens -- a manufacturer that makes "upscale awards," including the Oscar, Emmy and Britannia award statues -- will be laying off 95 employees on December 17th.
The Chicago company, which was acquired last month by St. Regis Crystal, recently filed a report to the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity noting the planned layoffs, the AP noted.
R.S. Owens website states that the company employs more than 175 employees.
When St. Regis acquired R.S. Owens, it said that it would continue manufacturing its products in Chicago, Crain's Chicago reported.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!