Lakers Games: Who Sits Where (map)
Inside the secret politics and behind-the-scenes dealmaking to get season tickets and courtside seats (which even owner Jerry Buss hasn’t been able to attain) - and how you can sit on the Staples Center's revered wood.
In a town where influence and money can guarantee just about anything, there remains one untouchable frontier in the it’s-all-about-who-you-know game of Hollywood: courtside Lakers tickets. Even Jerry Buss, team owner since 1979, has been unable to secure permanent residence as the seats are grandfathered from owner to owner. After notoriously offering courtside ticket holders a premium for their spots — none was willing to forfeit — Buss and his family were relegated to one of the arena’s 160 luxury suites. So how does one get courtside? Patience (lots) and friends both powerful and generous.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR