Marblemedia rolls with brand integration
Taps Lisa Reis to create programs for multiple platforms
TORONTO -- Indie producer marblemedia has jumped on the Canadian brand integration bandwagon.
Toronto-based marblemedia said it has hired Lisa Reis as director of brand integration to work with broadcasters and brands to create seamless programming for multiple platforms.
Marblemedia is developing branded entertainment for "The Dating Guy," an adult animated comedy for cable cartoon channel Teletoon, and a remake of the 1980s classic Canadian TV game show "Just Like Mom," this time titled "Just Like Mom ... and Dad."
The hire follows Canadian broadcasters increasingly adopting sponsorship and brand integration to survive a worsening TV ad slump and embrace new-media platforms.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. struck a product placement deal with TD Canada Trust to feature its brand and banking products in three prime time dramas, "Little Mosque on The Prairie," "Being Erica" and "Heartland."
And rival broadcaster Rogers Media last month took a minority stake in Michael Eisner's new-media studio Vuguru.
As part of that deal, Rogers will work to do brand and content integration with Vuguru across a range of Canadian platforms, including broadband Web, mobile and cable VOD.
And indie broadcaster and webcaster Glassbox Television recently produced an eight-part skateboarding competition series branded for the West 49 sports apparel maker that airs on its BITE cable channel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR