Marc Anthony Breaks Silence on Split From Jennifer Lopez in 'Nightline' Interview (Video)
"I'll always love Jennifer," the singer says of his estranged wife, denying tabloid reports that affairs led to the breakup.
Marc Anthony has finally broken his silence on his split from Jennifer Lopez.
In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Nightline set to air Thursday, August 25, 2011, the Grammy-winning singer denies tabloid reports that their breakup was due to affairs.
"I'll tell you that it wasn’t something sensationalistic happening," he says, adding that the marriage simply no longer "worked."
"It was a realization on both our parts," he adds. "So you know it wasn't shocking. These things happen. It was a decision that we made jointly.”
Anthony also tells ABC News' John Quinones that he will always have feelings for his estranged wife and mom to their 3-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
"I'll always love Jennifer," he says "She knows that; my kids know that. Jennifer's a wonderful, wonderful woman, a wonderful mother, a wonderful friend."
The couple announced their split July 15 after seven years of marriage.
"It is sad because you think about the impact of all those people who believe in you," Anthony says. "You think about your family and the possibilities, but we realized very early on that even though we're not together, our story's not over. There are things to do together; there is life to see together through Max and Emme. So it's all good, man."
In fact, Anthony and Lopez are working together on a reality show together, the Latin talent search Q'Viva: The Chosen, which is still going forward despite their split.
Announced in June, the collaboration between Lopez, Anthony, director-choreographer Jamie King and American Idol creator and XIX Entertainment CEO Simon Fuller seeks to find the best undiscovered performers south of the border.
"The show goes on," a rep for XIX told The Hollywood Reporter in July. “Q’Viva!, the hotly anticipated 2012 celebration of Latin music, artistry and dance, is set to film this autumn in South America with Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony as previously announced.”
And Anthony says fans shouldn't feel sorry for either him or Lopez.
“This is not a funeral; this is not a burial,” he says of the breakup. “This is just two people who came together and just realized -- and so I’m saying that it wasn’t sustainable the way it was, and that’s that.”
A portion of the interview also will air Thursday on Good Morning America.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR