Marc Juris Upped to COO at TruTV
The former GM has led the cable network to its youngest year ever.
Marc Juris is on the move at TruTV.
TruTV has upped longtime executive Juris from executive vp and GM to exec vp and COO, the cable network announced Wednesday.
In his new role, Juris will continue to oversee the network's strategic planning, original programming, marketing and advertising and report to Turner Entertainment Networks president Steve Koonan.
“Marc is a talented and innovative executive whose understanding of branding, marketing and programming have been vital in building the TruTV brand," Koonin said in a statement announcing the news. "Under Marc's terrific leadership, I am confident truTV will continue to reach new heights."
Juris joined TruTV in 2004, when it was known as Court TV. He was promoted to exec vp and GM in 2007 and led the network's transition to TruTV. Under his oversight, TruTV has grown its audience and lowered its median age, with 2011 standing as its youngest year ever.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game