Bryan Singer's 'Jack the Giant Slayer' Gets New Name, Moves to Early March
The retelling of the fairy tale stars Nicholas Hoult in the title role; the cast also includes Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci and Ian McShane.
New Line and Warner Bros. have retitled director Bryan Singer's fantasy-adventure Jack the Giant Slayer from the previous Jack the Giant Killer.
Insiders say the new title is more family friendly. The movie, which will be rated PG-13, is based on the classic fairy tale and stars Nicholas Hoult as a young man who unintentionally opens up a gateway between earth and a race of giants.
The 3D event pic is also moving up three weeks, from March 22 to March 1, taking advantage of Neill Blomkamp's Elysium moving off the date and relocating to Aug. 9.
Jack the Giant Killer also stars Ewan McGregor, Eleanor Tomlinson, Stanley Tucci, Ian McShane and Bill Nighy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting