Bryan Singer's 'Jack the Giant Slayer' Gets New Name, Moves to Early March
The retelling of the fairy tale stars Nicholas Hoult in the title role; the cast also includes Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci and Ian McShane.
New Line and Warner Bros. have retitled director Bryan Singer's fantasy-adventure Jack the Giant Slayer from the previous Jack the Giant Killer.
Insiders say the new title is more family friendly. The movie, which will be rated PG-13, is based on the classic fairy tale and stars Nicholas Hoult as a young man who unintentionally opens up a gateway between earth and a race of giants.
The 3D event pic is also moving up three weeks, from March 22 to March 1, taking advantage of Neill Blomkamp's Elysium moving off the date and relocating to Aug. 9.
Jack the Giant Killer also stars Ewan McGregor, Eleanor Tomlinson, Stanley Tucci, Ian McShane and Bill Nighy.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother