Mare Winningham joins HBO's 'Pierce'
Lizzy Caplan, Sharon Leal land lead roles on CBS, CW pilots
Mare Winningham has landed the last major role on HBO's miniseries "Mildred Pierce."
In pilot-casting news, Lizzy Caplan is set as a lead on CBS' comedy "True Love," and Sharon Leal has scored a lead on the CW drama "Hellcats."
"Pierce," Todd Haynes' five-hour miniseries based on James M. Cain's noir novel, stars Kate Winslet as Mildred Pierce Beragon, a wife who separates from her unemployed husband (Brian F. O'Byrne) and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter's (Evan Rachel Wood) love in Los Angeles during the Great Depression.
Winningham will play Mildred's friend Ida Corwin.
"Love" is an ensemble comedy about four New York friends -- Henry (Jason Biggs), Kate (Minka Kelly), Larry (Tyler Labine) and Connie (Caplan) -- looking for love.
Caplan, billed as a guest star, replaces Ashley A. Morris, originally cast in the role. The switch follows the recent recasting of Larry, with Labine in for Dan Fogler.
Caplan co-stars on Starz's "Party Down" and appears in the MGM feature "Hot Tub Time Machine."
"Hellcats" centers on Marti (Aly Michalka), a college girl from the wrong side of the tracks who joins the Hellcats, her college's competitive cheerleading team.
Leal will play a former Hellcat, now the team's tough but loving coach.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR