Margot Robbie of 'Wolf of Wall Street' to Join Will Smith in 'Focus'
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, who directed "Crazy, Stupid, Love," are directing the heist project.
Margot Robbie, the Australian actress who starred in ABC’s Pan Am, has been chosen to star opposite Will Smith in Focus, a Warner Bros. heist project being directed by Crazy, Stupid, Love directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, THR has confirmed.
Focus is a two-hander about a con man who becomes romantically involved with a novice. He is then thrown off his game when the former flame shows up just as he’s staging an elaborate con in Buenos Aires.
The project has had its share of revolving doors. Requa and Ficarra originally wrote the script with Crazy, Stupid, Love stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in mind, but when the actors were unavailable, they moved to Ben Affleck and Kristen Stewart. Affleck dropped out earlier in the year, and so did Stewart.
Smith came on board in April.
Robbie, who tested along with actresses including Rose Byrne, is expected to receive an official offer shortly.
She will next be seen opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR