Margot Robbie of 'Wolf of Wall Street' to Join Will Smith in 'Focus'
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, who directed "Crazy, Stupid, Love," are directing the heist project.
Margot Robbie, the Australian actress who starred in ABC’s Pan Am, has been chosen to star opposite Will Smith in Focus, a Warner Bros. heist project being directed by Crazy, Stupid, Love directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, THR has confirmed.
Focus is a two-hander about a con man who becomes romantically involved with a novice. He is then thrown off his game when the former flame shows up just as he’s staging an elaborate con in Buenos Aires.
The project has had its share of revolving doors. Requa and Ficarra originally wrote the script with Crazy, Stupid, Love stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in mind, but when the actors were unavailable, they moved to Ben Affleck and Kristen Stewart. Affleck dropped out earlier in the year, and so did Stewart.
Smith came on board in April.
Robbie, who tested along with actresses including Rose Byrne, is expected to receive an official offer shortly.
She will next be seen opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR