Margot Robbie in Talks to Star Opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in 'The Wolf of Wall Street'
The Martin Scorsese film, from Red Granite Pictures, is based on the true-life story of a stockbroker's rise and fall.
Margot Robbie is in talks to play the female lead in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street. She would play Nadine, the wife of Jordan Belfort, the Wall Street trader to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio.
Robbie, who most recently appeared on the ABC series Pan Am, is an Australian actress whose credits also include the upcoming film About Time and the Australian TV series Neighbours.
Red Granite Pictures is producing and fully financing Wolf of Wall Street, which is being adapted for the screen from Belfort’s memoir by Terence Winter. Riza Aziz, Joey McFarland, DiCaprio, Scorsese and Alexandra Milchan are producing, with Irwin Winkler and Georgia Kacandes as executive producers.
Other names that have been reported in talks for the project include Jean Dujardin, Jonah Hill and Kyle Chandler.
Production is slated to begin in August in New York.
Robbie is repped by CAA, Management 360, Aran Michael Management in Australia and Jackoway, Tyerman, Wertheimer, Austen, Mandelbaum & Morris.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)