Maria Bartiromo Gets Weekly Fox News Show, Joins Fox Business in February
UPDATED: The former CNBC financial analyst makes her move official, with plans to anchor FBN during daily market hours as well as a new Sunday show on the flagship.
Two months after news broke that famed financial journalist Maria Bartiromo was exiting her CNBC job after 20 years with the network, Fox Business Network announced Wednesday that she officially starts her new job Feb. 1.
Though that won't be the first day she appears on air, the fiscally focused cable network did note that each of her two new programs will debut before the end of the first quarter. Bartiromo will serve as Global Markets Editor, anchoring a daily market hours program on FBN -- as well as a weekly Sunday series on Fox News Channel.
FNC chairman and CEO Roger Ailes spoke optimistically of Bartiromo's role on both networks with The Hollywood Reporter in December.
"We've had that conversation for the last five years, off and on, but we don't see each other very often," said Ailes. "I finally decided that she'd be terrific in our lineup, and it happened to fit her timing and her contract. And she'll be seen on Fox News. She's a star, and she'll do some fill-in anchoring."
Bartiromo most recently anchored CNBC’s top-rated markets program, Closing Bell With Maria Bartiromo. Her addition to FBN comes as Ailes continues to invest in the small ratings performer, which lags behind CNBC.
Speaking Wednesday of her multiyear deal, Ailes had this to say: “I tapped Maria to report live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange while at CNBC, and I am delighted to have her join me once again alongside our star lineup at Fox Business.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!