Maria Howell Joins 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' as Seeder
The Atlanta-based actress will play a former victor from District 11 to compete in the 75th Hunger Games.
TORONTO – As the cameras get set to roll on Lionsgate's The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Maria Howell has been cast as Seeder, a former victor from District 11.
Atlanta-based Howell’s character will compete in the 75th annual Hunger Games, also known as the Quarter Quell.
Howell’s movie credits include The Color Purple and The Blind Side, and she has appeared on TV series like Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva, The Vampire Diaries, and Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns and House Of Payne.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the second installment in the Lionsgate movie franchise, will be directed by Francis Lawrence.
Nina Jacobson’s Color Force will produce, in association with Jon Kilik.
Lionsgate will release The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on November 22, 2013.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David