Marie Osmond Returns to Las Vegas Show After Hospital Visit
The 52-year-old half of sibling duo Donny and Marie says she's suffering from a bad case of bronchitis.
Never question the work ethic of an Osmond.
Marie Osmond was taken to a Las Vegas hospital Wednesday night, following a performance of her Flamingo show with brother Donny Osmond, and back to work less than 24 hours later.
The singer was complaining of tightness in her lungs, which she later explained on Twitter.
"So the allergies went into a bronchitis," Osmond wrote, referring to the allergy-induced cancellation of two shows a week ago. "Didn't realize it until I went to hit the high notes last night on stage. Pie Jesu was kinda P-U."
Still, her reported two-hour stay for tests at the hospital did not discourage her from returning on Thursday. The Las Vegas Sun reports Osmond was cleared to perform, which she did on Thursday night.
The timing for Osmond's bronchitis couldn't have been worse. The Flamingo is hosting festivities for the 20th anniversary of Marie Osmond Dolls, the line of collectables Osmond sells on QVC.
Hundreds are expected to show up for a Saturday autograph signing at the hotel and casino.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera