Marilyn Monroe Novel 'The Empty Glass' to Be Adapted By Winkler Films
J.I. Baker's thriller focuses on a young coroner investigating the actress' death.
Winkler Films has optioned the rights to J.I. Baker’s novel The Empty Glass, a thriller about a young coroner who investigates the truth behind Marilyn Monroe’s death.
Baker will adapt the book for the film, which Irwin Winkler and David Winkler are producing.
“The Empty Glass reads like a Billy Wilder screenplay. It's got suspense, action and dramatic plot turns that will appeal to great directors, and rich dialogue that will attract great actors,” David Winkler said.
Baker, a contributing editor to Conde Nast Traveler who is making his debut as a novelist, said, "When I was writing The Empty Glass, I very much had Goodfellas in mind structurally, so the fact that Winkler Films has optioned the book makes it feel like it's come full-circle.”
Irwin Winkler is currently in production of The Wolf of Wall Street, being directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
Winkler Films is repped by CAA and Baker is repped by InkWell Management.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried Loves Working Out with Sweaty Boyfriend Justin Long!
- Ari Graynor & Ryan Hansen Are a Couple of 'Bad Teachers' at Kick-Off Party!
- Aww! Kate Middleton & Prince William Get a Mini Bike for Prince George!
- Selena Gomez Flashes Black Bra in Sexy Sheer Dress at Coachella with Kendall & Kylie Jenner!