Mario Cantone of 'Sex and the City' Weds Longtime Partner
The comedian announced the good news on “The View” after 20-years with musical theater director Jerry Dixon.
Four months after New York legalized same-sex marriage, Mario Cantone has tied the knot.
The Sex and the City star revealed on Friday’s episode of The View that he and longtime partner, musical theater director Jerry Dixon, have made it official after 20 years together.
“I got married for the same reason you did,” the 51-year-old told fellow newlywed Joy Behar. “We’re older now. We’ve been together 20 years. After 20 years you’re like, ‘Thanks for the anti-climactic honeymoon, government!’”
With just his family in attendance, Cantone revealed that the ceremony was officiated by pastor Jay Bakker, son of the late Christian singer and television personality, Tammy Faye Bakker Messner.
“It was beautiful,” Cantone said of the ceremony. “I love him. He’s a good man.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR