Marion Cotillard 'in Discussions' to Join 'Dark Knight Rises'
Her rep tells THR that "nothing has been confirmed yet," but the move would reunite her with "Inception" director Christopher Nolan.
Marion Cotillard may join the cast of The Dark Knight Rises.
A rep for the actress in Paris said that her involvement in the film is currently "in discussions, but nothing has been confirmed yet." WB France has yet to comment.
The actress, who is pregnant and due in the spring, is discussing scheduling issues.
The plan is for Cotillard to start shooting mid-June in London, film all summer in L.A. and Pittsburgh and wrap mid-November in New York.
The French actress' name has arisen before in connection with the Warner Bros. movie, which will be directed by her Inception helmer Christopher Nolan.
Nolan had been focusing on finding the romantic lead for Christian Bale in recent weeks, reading and meeting with several actresses, including Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts, according to insiders.
While Anne Hathaway is cast as Catwoman, the other female role is suspected to be that of Thalia Al Ghul, the daughter of the villain played by Liam Neeson in Nolan's first movie, Batman Begins.
French newspaper Le Figaro reported the deal was official, and Cotillard would join the production this summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR