Marisa Tomei Joins Ira Sachs' 'Love Is Strange'
Marisa Tomei is joining John Lithgow and Alfred Molina in the indie film Love Is Strange.
Directed by Independent Spirit Award nominee Ira Sachs (Keep the Lights On), the pic follows a newlywed gay couple who is forced to live apart. Sachs and Mauricio Zacharias co-wrote the screenplay.
Tomei will play Kate, a novelist who is married to Ben's (Lithgow) nephew. The couple agrees to let Ben move in after he's forced to sell his apartment. Production will begin in New York in August.
Lithgow is replacing Michael Gambon as Ben. Flight star Kelly Reilly had at one time been attached to play Kate.
Sachs is producing along with Parts & Labor partners Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy, Lucas Joaquin and Jayne Baron Sherman. Fortissimo Films is handling international sales.
Tomei recently finished shooting Adam Rapp's Why Now?! with Sam Rockwell. She also appears in the upcoming Hugh Grant/Mark Lawrence romantic comedy. She won an Academy Award for best supporting actress for My Cousin Vinny and was nominated for Oscars for In the Bedroom and The Wrestler. She's repped by CAA and Untitled.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche