Marisa Tomei Would Be 'Thrilled' to Play Lady Gaga
The Oscar winner reacts on the Oscar red carpet to the singer choosing her as her onscreen doppelganger.
Marisa Tomei might have another career-defining character to play. The actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her turn as spitfire New Yorker Mona Vito in My Cousin Vinny, gave an enthusiastic thumbs-up to the idea of playing Lady Gaga on the big screen.
"I'm thrilled!" Tomei told ABC's Tim Gunn on the red carpet of the Academy Awards on Sunday when asked about singer choosing her as the ideal actress to play her in a film.
"I was befuddled at first, 'Really, me?' " she said. "But then I had the pleasure of meeting her, and I'm thrilled."
Earlier this month, Gaga called herself a "Marisa Tomei fan" and revealed that her friends often jokingly call her by the actress' name.
"All my friends call me Marisa when I get angry because my New York accent just flies out of my body and I start smacking my gum," Lady Gaga said.
The appreciation is mutual. Added Tomei about the pop star: "She's so funny and talented."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR