Mark Burnett, Maloof to follow Kings
Reality show to focus on Sacramento basketball
Mark Burnett Productions and production company Maloof Television are teaming to produce a new reality series following basketball team the Sacramento Kings.
"Rebuilding the Kingdom" will followed the franchise as it undergoes an overhaul to regain some winning traction. The production will follow the players and coaches, and the unique challenges in running an NBA team.
"This project will be a unique experience for the television viewer," Burnett said. "We are committed to creating fun and innovative programming and with the Maloofs allowing this type of access to their organization, this is a great fit."
Maloof Television is owned by Kings owner the Maloof family, with previous credits including SpikeTV's "Bullrun." This the first venture between the two companies and no network partner is currently attached.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR