Mark Burnett’s One Three Media, Red Arrow Entertainment Set Up Joint Venture
The London-based operation will focus on launching Burnett-developed formats in the U.K. as well as developing new shows.
Reality TV giant Mark Burnett, producer of Survivor and The Voice, has set up a joint venture with Germany’s Red Arrow Entertainment to co-develop new formats and to launch shows from Burnett's and Hearst Corp.’s One Three Media in the U.K. market.
The joint venture between One Three Media and Red Arrow, called One Three Media U.K., will be based in London and open for business in January. A company boss will be announced soon. U.K.-based CPL Productions, Red Arrow’s current British production partner, will work closely with the new group.
The focus of the company will be to sell One Three formats in the U.K. as well as develop original shows for international distribution. Burnett, a native Brit, already has a separate London-based shingle, Lightworkers Media, which he owns with his wife and production partner, Roma Downey. Burnett is already a presence on the U.K. TV scene, with formats such as The Apprentice huge hits in adaptation.
“As I grew up in the U.K., I am always looking at the best way to do more business here and when the opportunity came up with Red Arrow it just made sense,” Burnett said. “We have partnered with Red Arrow’s CPL on several projects in the past. They are very similar to us in their commitment to providing quality content with unparalleled execution.”
“Mark Burnett is one of the premier creators and producers of our time,” said Red Arrow managing director Jan Frouman. “Partnering in the U.K. feels like an incredibly smart and effective way to build on the working relationships we’ve established -- as well as the collective strengths of our two groups.”
Red Arrow, the international production division of German broadcast group ProSiebenSat.1, controls 16 production companies worldwide, including Santa Monica-based Kinetic Content (The Taste, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers) and New York shingle Left/Right (Mob Wives).
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills