Mark Burnett Sells 'Spin Off' Game Show Format to Canada
The reality TV giant's One Three Media will now sell the finished Canadian version for CHCH and the original format to international broadcasters.
TORONTO – Mark Burnett’s One Three Media has sold its original game show format Spin Off to Canadian broadcaster CHCH as a local version from indie producer Suddenly SeeMore Productions.
The half-hour game show tests contestants for trivia to win cash and prizes.
One Three Media will shop the finished Canadian version and the format to international broadcasters.
CHCH, which also airs Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune in Canada, will air 13 episodes of the Spin Off game show, to be hosted by Elvira Kurt, from fall 2014.
Burnett, who created the original game show format, will executive produce the Canadian version, which is produced by Morgan Elliott of Suddenly SeeMore Productions.
“Canada is such an important market for us and to launch an entirely new format with CHCH speaks volumes to their belief in the importance of creating original content for their schedule,” C. Scot Cru, senior vp of international at One Three Media, said in a statement Tuesday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR