Mark Burnett and YouToo.com Launch First Social Television Network
Youtoo TV lets viewers create 15-second videos that can appear on air.
Youtoo TV, launched on Wednesday, is the first television network to give access to social networkers who can create videos and see themselves on television.
Producer Mark Burnett’s VIMBY (Video in My BackYard) teamed up with Youtoo.com to launch the first ever social TV network.
“As a TV producer, I love nothing more than finding the next big thing. When I put Survivor on television, no one, including me, knew how popular reality television would become,” said Burnett, who also produced The Apprentice and The Voice. “Now, Youtoo is paving the way for social TV, which is the next generation of television.”
Viewers will have the opportunity to create 15-second videos called "Fame Spots," and then, within minutes, see themselves on television, with an audience of 15 million watching. Youtoo will start by putting 500 people on TV each day.
Youtoo TV launches with a programming line-up that features re-runs of The X Files, Batman, and Green Hornet. During certain shows, viewers will have the opportunity to record their responses to questions, and have their answers aired on the station. These segments will be hosted by Miss USA Shandi Finnessey, former American Idol contestant Mikalah Gordon, and actor Brian Kimmet, along with co-host The X Files’ Dean Haglund.
Programming also includes the television debut of web series, including, Howcast, PJTV, Geekbeat.tv, Koldcast, Rooftop Media along with Diggnation and an original Youtoo TV series, The best of Revision3.
Youtoo TV will also feature interactive programs including Say Yes & Marry Me, which will offer viewers the opportunity to propose marriage on-air via “Fame Spots” in front of a national TV audience.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short