Mark Burnett's 'The Bible' Becomes Top-Selling Miniseries on Blu-Ray and DVD
The History series sold 525,000 units in its first week of release.
Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s The Bible is shattering sales records in its first week of home video release, selling 525,000 units to become the top-selling TV miniseries of all time.
Additionally, The Bible is now the No. 1-selling TV on DVD in the last five years.
“We are humbled by the overwhelming response from audiences to The Bible miniseries,” said Downey and Burnett in a statement. “First, the show was No. 1 on History, now it is No. 1 on Blu-ray and DVD and has been No. 1 in every country in which it aired. We feel incredibly blessed that we were able to bring this amazing love story to life on the screen. It is our hope that folks everywhere will continue to be touched by the message of the Bible and cherish these stories at home with their families for years to come. This is just the beginning.”
The Bible hit a ratings high with its March 3 debut, raking in 13.1 million viewers on History. Its Easter two-hour finale pulled in 11.7 million viewers, while each additional installment of the 10-part series hovered above the 10 million mark.
"Mark and Roma have created a work of broad cultural significance that has resonated deeply with audiences, and The Bible has quickly become a must-own DVD that families can enjoy together at home time and time again,” said Mary Daily, president and chief marketing officer of worldwide marketing at Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues