Mark Burnett's Canadian 'Spin Off' Game Show Gets Digital Treatment
Indie Digital Howard has pacted with the reality king's One Three Media shingle to allow viewers to play along on their smartphones and computers.
TORONTO – Newly-launched Digital Howard has pacted with Mark Burnett’s One Three Media to produce a digital version of the Spin Off TV show.
Burnett earlier sold the original game show-format Spin Off to Canadian broadcaster CHCH as a local version from indie producer Suddenly SeeMore Productions.
Now Digital Howard will produce Spin Off 360 to allow the Canadian audience to play along with the game show in real time on a tablet, smartphone or laptop computer.
The half-hour TV game show tests contestants on trivia to win cash and prizes.
Digital Howard executive producer Daniel Dales said the game show’s digital audience will answer the same trivia questions at home.
Based on their answers, they will accumulate points towards possibly qualifying for a season-ending digital tournament with a top prize of $10,000.
CHCH, which also airs Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune in Canada, will air 13 episodes of the Spin Off game show, to be hosted by Elvira Kurt, from fall 2013.
Burnett, who created the original game show format, will executive produce the Canadian version, which is produced by Morgan Elliott of Suddenly SeeMore Productions.
And One Three Media will shop the finished Canadian version and the format to international broadcasters.
Before launching Digital Howard at the recent Banff World Media Festival, Dales and long-time business partner Jarrett Sherman ran Smokebomb Entertainment as the digital arm of Shaftesbury Films.
The duo left Shaftesbury last year before re-launching on their own.
Digital Howard is also producing an online after-show for The Project, a reality series for Canadian TV channels City and OLN from Buck Productions, now shooting in Guatemala.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty