Mark Burnett's 'Expedition Impossible' Sells in Asia
8:51 PM PDT 9/20/2011 by Karen Chu
Lionsgate subsidiary Tiger Gate Entertainment has taken rights for Hong Kong, Singapore, the Philippines and Indonesia.
HONG KONG – Exclusive rights to Survivor creator Mark Burnett’s reality action series Expedition Impossible has been sold to Lionsgate subsidiary Tiger Gate Entertainment, to premiere on its pay-TV action channel in Asia, KIX.
Expedition Impossible, produced by Burnett and hosted by adventurer, zoologist, renowned animal trainer and television host Dave Salmoni shows 13 teams of three competing against each other to solve puzzles while racing across wilderness for a cash prize of $150,000 and a new Ford Explorer for the winning team. The debut season of the series will air on KIX on Oct. 12 in Hong Kong, Singapore, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
our editor recommends
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR