Mark DeVitre Joins Entertainment Studios as Executive VP and General Counsel
He comes from Warner Bros. TV as Byron Allen’s company prepares to launch its first scripted sitcoms this fall.
Ramping up before the fall launch of its first scripted situation comedies, Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios has hired Mark DeVitre as executive vp and general counsel.
“Mark’s extensive entertainment industry experience in law, business affairs, and business development enables us to increase our company’s rapid growth and commitment to creating and distributing high quality content for all platforms worldwide,” Allen said in the announcement on Monday.
DeVitre was most recently senior vp business affairs and operations for Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. Prior to that he was senor vp of operations for the FX network and general manager of the Fox Movie Channel.
He also held positions with Philips Interactive Media, Warner Home Video and Multimedia Entertainment.
At Entertainment Studios, DeVitre will oversee business and legal affairs including broadcast syndication operations, cable networks, content, online strategies, financing, talent and programming license agreements.
Entertainment Studios now produces and distributes 31 shows in the syndication market and through its owns cable TV channels.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR