Mark Gordon Signs First Look Deal With Disney
The "Grey's Anatomy" executive producer also renews his pact with ABC for four more years.
Grey's Anatomy executive producer Mark Gordon has renewed his pact with ABC studios and inked a first-look deal with Disney.
His new four-year deal covers overhead for his production TV/film banner, The Mark Gordon Company. He'll also continue to executive produce his five shows on the air, which include Private Practice in addition to Grey's on ABC, Criminal Minds and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior for CBS and Lifetime's Army Wives. (He's also producing a drama pilot for ABC, Identity, starring Angela Bassett.)
“I’m so incredibly fortunate to have such a long and successful relationship with ABC Studios,” says Gordon, who has been with ABC for 10 years, in a statement. “I’m especially pleased we were able to expand our partnership into film with a first look deal with Walt Disney Studios.”
"Mark is a tremendous talent with a great track record. We're thrilled to have him here and look forward to creating great new shows together,” says Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment Group in a statement.
"Mark is a high quality producer and we are very happy to have him as a partner at The Walt Disney Studios,” said Sean Bailey, president, Walt Disney Studios motion picture production.
His next film release is The Details with Tobey Maguire and Laura Linney, which will be distributed by The Weinstein Company in the fall.
The five-time Emmy nominee and two-time Golden Globe winner is the co-president of the Producers Guild of America.
Gordon is repped by ICM and attorney Craig Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws