Mark Salling Addresses Sexual Battery Lawsuit On The SAG Red Carpet
The 'Glee' star promises to "defend himself vigorously" against sexual assault and battery claims.
While he spent most of his time asking stars about their style at Sunday night's SAG Awards, E!'s Ross Matthews chose a more serious topic when he interviewed Glee's Mark Salling.
Matthews asked Salling about the sexual assault and battery lawsuit filed against him last week, in which a woman alleged that he had unprotected sex with her despite demands he wear a condom.
Grimacing a moment before candidly opening up to Matthews, Salling described the lawsuit as something he hopes can be resolved quickly. “You hear about fraudulent lawsuits all the time," the Glee star said. "Until it happens to you, you really don't grasp what it does, not to just you, but to your family, and you want the legal process to happen as fast as possible. I just want the chance to defend myself—and I will, vigorously."
This isn’t the first time Salling has opened up about the incident, as he took to Twitter to show fans his gratitude for their support earlier in January. Despite the serious turn in red carpet talk, Salling ended the interview joking with Matthews and saying that he was staying positive. “You kind of have to learn as you go, but like with anything else, you have to stay positive and count on the people that actually do know you and love you, and that you love, as well.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!