Mark Wahlberg: ‘The Happening’ Was a 'Bad Movie'
"You can’t blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn’t playing a cop or a crook," he jokes.
What did Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams talk about when they first met on the set of The Fighter?
How Wahlberg's 2008 flick, The Happening (directed by M. Night Shyamalan), wasn't his best career prove.
Joked Wahlberg at a weekend press conference for The Fighter: "We had actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. And then I was still able to … I don’t want to tell you what movie … alright The Happening. Fuck it." VIDEO: Wahlberg talks to THR about training for The Fighter.
"It is what it is. Fucking trees, man. The plants. Fuck it. You can’t blame me for not wanting to try to play a science teacher. At least I wasn’t playing a cop or a crook," Wahlberg added.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama