NBC Buys Legal Drama from Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson (Exclusive)
The pair, along with scribe Paul Davies, has sold a drama project set at a high-powered Beverly Hills law firm.
Stephen Levinson and Mark Wahlberg are bringing their brand to NBC.
The pair, along with writer Paul Davies, nabbed a script order for a drama set at a high-powered Beverly Hills law firm. In this case, the firm's attorneys will have to negotiate their relationships with one another as they litigate their cases.
Davies is set to pen the Universal TV project, with Levinson and Wahlberg attached as executive producers.
In recent years, the frequent collaborators have found success behind the camera, with projects including HBO’s Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, In Treatment and How to Make It in America. On the broadcast side, they had a Rob Riggle comedy, Home Game, in contention at CBS in 2011.
For Davies' part, this is not his first piece of development at NBC. In 2011, he worked with Dark Toy's Todd Holland and Karey Burke on a comedy about twins separated at birth.
Wahlberg is repped by WME, Levinson’s Leverage and Sloane Offer; Levinson is repped by WME and Sloane Offer; and Davies is repped by WME and 3 Arts.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack