Mark Zuckerberg Comic Optioned Into Short Film
Hayden 5 and Bluewater Prods. will tape "Mark Zuckerberg and the Found" in the same technique used in Richard Linklater's "A Scanner Darkly."
Hayden 5 Media and comic-book publisher Bluewater Prods. are teaming up to create an animated short based off the comic Mark Zuckerberg: Creator of Facebook.
The short will "shed new light on the controversial story of the creators life and bring a completely new look and feel than that" of David Fincher's feature film The Social Network, according to the companies.
Mark Zuckerberg and the Found will be shot with the same technique used in Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly. Production will begin with live-action filmmaking in a digital medium, followed by the use of interpolated rotoscope.
"The result will be a cross between real characters and animated surroundings seamlessly integrated for a unique, comic book aesthetic," the press release said.
The comic book, which written by Jerome Maida and drawn by Fritz Saalfeld, hits stores in late December.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama