Mark Zuckerberg’s Alleged Facebook Stalker Issues Apology
"I’m sorry he thought I was trying to harm him,” says the 31-year-old man after the Facebook co-founder obtains a restraining order.
A day after it was reported that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has obtained a restraining order against a 31-year-old man, the alleged stalker has issued an apology.
“I’m a peaceful guy … I’m sorry he thought I was trying to harm him,” Pradeep Manukonda tells TMZ. “I understand he’s a busy man … I’ll respect his privacy.”
TMZ previously reported that Manukonda had been seeking money from Zuckerberg, Zuckerberg's sister Randi and his girlfriend, Priscilla Chan. In a message sent both to Zuckerberg and his sister, Manukonda wrote, "I owe my entire life at your service .. please help me, then I am ready to die for you," according to the site.
He also attempted to walk up the front steps of Zuckerberg's home Jan. 24 and allegedly sent flowers and a handwritten letter to the Facebook co-founder four days later, according to TMZ.
Manukonda - who has been ordered to remain at least 300 feet away from Zuckerberg - told TMZ he had been dealing with a “major personal problem” and believed Zuckerberg could offer some advice.
He said he will now leave him alone.