Mark Zuckerberg Sells $2.3 Billion of Facebook Stock
After making a tax payoff, his ownership is down only slightly.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is selling 41.4 million shares of the company's stock, according to a statement filed at the SEC.
The shares are worth about $2.3 billion and are being used to satisfy tax obligations on the exercise of 60 million shares. The net change in Zuckerberg's voting power over the company is down only slightly -- from 58.8 percent to 56.1 percent. Separately, Zuckerberg is also gifting 18 million shares to charity this month.
In total, Facebook is offering up 70 million shares of Class A common stock, including Zuckerberg's. The company itself is selling 27 million of its own shares while board member Marc Andreessen is selling 1.65 million.
In early hours trading, Facebook's share price is slightly below $55, off a tick from yesterday's closing price.
Earlier in the week, the company introduced its new video ads to be placed on user newsfeeds. The first one -- a teaser for the sci-fi film Divergent -- goes up on the social media network on Thursday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!