Mark Zuckerberg Visits Moscow, Meets With Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev
The Facebook CEO arrived in Russia with the reported aim of scouting local tech talent.
MOSCOW -- On his visit to Moscow, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg posed for a photo on Red Square, had a meal at McDonald’s and met with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
Zuckerberg arrived in the Russian capital Sunday. The same day, he posted a photo of himself in front of the Cathedral of St. Vasily the Blessed on Red Square, adding the comment, “Hello, Moscow.” Russian media also ran photos of Zuckerberg in front of McDonald’s where he had a meal.
On Monday, Zuckerberg met with Medvedev, a former president known for his interest in Twitter and social networking websites. Zuckerberg sported a suit and black tie for the occasion, and a photo of the two shaking hands on Zuckerberg’s Facebook profile was accompanied by his comment, “Good conversation with Prime Minister Medvedev.”
Meanwhile, Medvedev gave Zuckerberg a white T-shirt with the address of his Facebook page.
There was some mild controversy around Zuckerberg's visit to Moscow as some Russian media reported that the world’s youngest billionaire planned to use his visit to headhunt Russian IT talent and lure some to Facebook’s Californian headquarters.
Late on Monday, Zuckerberg visited the award ceremony for the Facebook World Hack contest at Digital October, one of Moscow’s hippest venues. However, according to the website of the newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda, he spent exactly seven minutes at the event.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'