Exec Takes Out Full-Page Ad in NYT to Criticize Grammys
Read the full letter, in which Stoute says the Grammys "have clearly lost touch with contemporary popular culture."
NEW YORK -- Longtime marketing/music exec and hip-hop insider Steve Stoute slammed the Grammys in a full page advertisement appearing in the Styles section of Sunday's New York Times. In it, he criticizes the Grammys, the show's parent organization the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and its president, Neil Portnow, for an "awards show [that] has become a series of hypocrisies and contradictions."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR