Markus Schleinzer's Drama 'Michael' Acquired by Strand Releasing
The film, which focuses on a 10-year-old boy locked up by an older man, will be released theatrically in February.
Strand Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Markus Schleinzer’s Michael from Les Films du Losange.
The film, which focuses in on the last five months of a 10-year-old boy’s life under the control of a man who keeps him locked away in a room in a basement, had its world premiere in the main competition at the Cannes Film Festival and will have its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Strand plans to release the film, Schleinzer’s debut feature, theatrically in February.
The deal was brokered Strand’s Jon Gerrans and Les Films du Losange’s Agathe Valentin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR