‘Marley’ To Open Inaugural Curaçao IFF Rotterdam
Michael Fassbender-starrer “Shame” and Oscar-nominated “Monsieur Lazhar” among festival highlights.
COLOGNE, Germany – Marley, Kevin Macdonald’s music documentary on reggae legend Bob Marley, will open the inaugural edition of the Curaçao International Film Festival Rotterdam, which runs in the southern Caribbean island nation from March 29-April 1.
The Curaçao IFFR line up also includes Steve McQueen’s Shame starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, Canada’s Oscar-nominated school drama Monsieur Lazhar from director Philippe Falardeau.
The Curaçao festival was initiated by Gregory Elias of Curaçao-based Fundashon Bon Intenshon and organized together with the International Film Festival Rotterdam. The Caribbean island of Curaçao used to be a Dutch colony. The new festival aims to be a focal point for filmmakers and cinema fans in the entire region.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR