Martha Stewart Named Chairman of the Company She Founded
Lifestyle media firm Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia had brought her back on the board, which she will now lead, in September.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia said Wednesday that its board has elected founder Martha Stewart as non-executive chairman.
The domestic doyenne rejoined the board of the lifestyle media company in September following a ban from such positions after a securities law violation.
She succeeds Charles Koppelman.
Stewart said: "I am thrilled to be elected non-executive chairman of our board, a group that shares my deep commitment to the company and its success. I look forward to working closely with our directors and our management team as we focus on the future, capitalizing on the strength of our brand and our amazing customer connection to continue building our business so that it realizes its full and considerable potential."
Added Arlen Kantarian, lead director of the company's board: "Nobody cares more deeply or is more committed to the company and its future than Martha Stewart."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR