Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's Net Income Drops 80% in Q4
But with its broadcasting segment showing improvement, the company's stock posts a 9% increase on the news.
The broadcasting segment at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia improved while the company overall posted fourth-quarter net income that dropped 80%.
Investors viewed the financial metrics made public Wednesday as positive, and the company’s stock rose 9% during the regular session to $4.19 and was a bit higher in the after-hours session as well.
Income at Martha Stewart was $4.1 million on revenue that fell 17% to $72.6 million, with declines in both merchandising and publishing revenue. Also, year-ago figures included sales from a relationship with Kmart that has ended.
For the full year, Martha Stewart posted a $9.6 million loss, an improvement over last year's $14.6 million loss.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!