Martha Stewart on Paula Deen: 'I Feel Sorry' for Her (Video)
While on Bravo's "Watch What Happens," the lifestyle icon weighs in on the former Food Network chef's fall from grace, saying: "You have to be extremely careful being a public figure."
Martha Stewart, another domestic doyenne who knows a thing or two about scandal, is coming to Paula Deen's defense.
"I feel sorry for Paula Deen," Stewart said Wednesday night on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live. "She's a public figure, and I know you have to be extremely careful being a public figure. So I don't really want to say whether I agree with it or not, I just feel that you have to really watch yourself -- especially in this day and age, with cameras all over you. ..."
When host Andy Cohen asked whether she agreed with the Food Network's decision to fire Deen, Stewart responded with a firm "No comment."
Deen, meanwhile, is losing sponsors and endorsement deals in the wake of her admission to having used the N-word. So far, the 66-year-old celebrity chef has been dropped by Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Caesars Entertainment as well as Food Network, which is ending its contract with Deen this month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR