Martin Scorsese Joins Luc Besson's 'Malavita' as Executive Producer
The EuropaCorp and Relativity Media release is set to hit U.S. theaters in October.
Martin Scorsese has signed on to executive produce Malavita for Luc Besson's EuropaCorp and Relativity Media.
The action movie stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones. Besson will direct.
Scorsese consulted on the film in pre-production. Besson adapted it from Tonino Benacquista's novel Badfellas.
De Niro plays a retired mafia boss who, as part of the witness protection program, moves to a small town in France's Normandy with his wife (Pfeiffer) and daughter (Dianna Agron).
Relativity Media is scheduled to launch the film in the U.S. in October.
Email: Georg.Szalai@thr.com Twitter: @georgszalai
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR