Martin Scorsese Joins Luc Besson's 'Malavita' as Executive Producer
The EuropaCorp and Relativity Media release is set to hit U.S. theaters in October.
Martin Scorsese has signed on to executive produce Malavita for Luc Besson's EuropaCorp and Relativity Media.
The action movie stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones. Besson will direct.
Scorsese consulted on the film in pre-production. Besson adapted it from Tonino Benacquista's novel Badfellas.
De Niro plays a retired mafia boss who, as part of the witness protection program, moves to a small town in France's Normandy with his wife (Pfeiffer) and daughter (Dianna Agron).
Relativity Media is scheduled to launch the film in the U.S. in October.
Email: Georg.Szalai@thr.com Twitter: @georgszalai
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"