Martin Scorsese Directs Siri in New iPhone Ad (Video)
The auteur is Apple's latest celebrity pitchman, following in the steps of Zooey Deschanel, Samuel L. Jackson and John Malkovich.
You talkin' to Siri?
The iPhone 4S's "intelligent personal assistant" is showcased in a new commercial starring Martin Scorsese. The directing great is just the latest celebrity to appear in one of the Apple ads, in a campaign that has shown Zooey Deschanel, Samuel L. Jackson and John Malkovich cozying up -- sometimes uncomfortably so -- to the electronic concierge.
In the new spot, the director of Hugo, Goodfellas and, appropriately enough, Taxi Driver sits in a New York City cab, ordering Siri to rearrange meetings, locate a friend named Rick, and call up real-time traffic reports -- the last feature being a rumored upgrade to the phone's upcoming iOS 6 operating system.
"I like you, Suri," Scorsese says. "You're going places."
This wouldn't be the first time the director has starred in a major TV campaign: He famously micromanaged the staff of a One Hour Photo in a spot for American Express.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR