Martin Short To Judge 'Canada's Got Talent'
The Canadian-born comic is the first judge named for the Citytv talent competition series licensed from Fremantle Media for spring 2012.
TORONTO - Martin Short is going to see a lot of Canadian jugglers, comedians, dancers, magicians, trapeze artists and singers in the coming months.
The Hamilton, Ontario-born comic/actor on Thursday was named as the first judge on Canada’s Got Talent, the talent competition series licensed by Rogers Media from Fremantle Media for spring 2012.
His hire isn’t a surprise: the SCTV alumnus has long kept close ties to Canada, and more recently voiced the homegrown TV series The Cat In the Hat Knows a Lot About That!”
Additional judges for Canada's Got Talent are going to be named by Rogers Media in the coming weeks.
There's heat around potential fellow judges like Tom Greene, Celine Dion and Howie Mandel, who is a judge on America’s Got Talent, which has done big ratings for Rogers Media on its Citytv network countrywide.
And indie producer Insight Productions, which is on board to make Canada’s Got Talent, has a long association with Mandel.
It was always going to be a question of his availability after Insight Productions successfully produced Deal or No Deal Canada for Global Television, with Mandel as a host.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'