Marvel’s 'Iron Man 3' to Get Imax Release
The giant-screen exhibitor will screen the latest installment of the franchise internationally on April 25.
TORONTO – Marvel Entertainment’s Iron Man 3 is to be supersized for release on IMAX screens internationally starting April 25.
The latest installment of the Tony Stark/Iron Man Marvel franchise also will hit domestic theaters May 3, simultaneous with the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures rollout.
Iron Man 3 is the fourth Marvel film to screen in IMAX theaters, after Iron Man 2, Thor and The Avengers last year.
"Marvel and IMAX are a perfect one-two punch, and the Iron Man franchise has become a global phenomenon that resonates with fans around the world," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of IMAX Filmed Entertainment, in a statement Tuesday.
IMAX will digitally remaster Iron Man 3 -- which sees Tony Stark go after the person responsible for his personal world being destroyed at his enemy’s hands -- for the large-format release.
The Marvel release, directed by Shane Black, stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce and Rebecca Hall.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR