Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Gets a Release Date; 'Iron Man 3,' 'Thor 2' to Get 3D Makeover
Disney also dates "Saving Mr. Banks," about the making of "Mary Poppins" and starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers.
Disney said Monday that Marvel's Ant-Man is a go and will hit theaters Nov. 6, 2015, with Edgar Wright directing. Wright wowed audiences at Comic-Con in July with test footage of the project.
Ant-Man was among a slew of release-calendar news revealed by Disney, including confirming official titles for key Marvel projects Thor: The Dark World (Nov. 8, 2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug. 1, 2014). The release dates for the three films were previously announced.
The studio also confirmed that Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be released in 3D.
In another key move, Disney has dated Saving Mr. Banks, about the making of Mary Poppins and starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as Mary Poppins creator P.L. Travers. The movie will open on Dec. 20, 2013, in the heart of awards season.
Other release news includes:
* Phineas and Ferb is moving from July 28, 2013 to 2014.
* DisneyNature will open Bears on April, 18, 2014.
* Disney has slotted an untitled animation picture for Nov. 7, 2014.
* An untitled Pixar animation title will open Nov. 25, 2015.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR