Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Gets a Release Date; 'Iron Man 3,' 'Thor 2' to Get 3D Makeover
Disney also dates "Saving Mr. Banks," about the making of "Mary Poppins" and starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers.
Disney said Monday that Marvel's Ant-Man is a go and will hit theaters Nov. 6, 2015, with Edgar Wright directing. Wright wowed audiences at Comic-Con in July with test footage of the project.
Ant-Man was among a slew of release-calendar news revealed by Disney, including confirming official titles for key Marvel projects Thor: The Dark World (Nov. 8, 2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug. 1, 2014). The release dates for the three films were previously announced.
The studio also confirmed that Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be released in 3D.
In another key move, Disney has dated Saving Mr. Banks, about the making of Mary Poppins and starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as Mary Poppins creator P.L. Travers. The movie will open on Dec. 20, 2013, in the heart of awards season.
Other release news includes:
* Phineas and Ferb is moving from July 28, 2013 to 2014.
* DisneyNature will open Bears on April, 18, 2014.
* Disney has slotted an untitled animation picture for Nov. 7, 2014.
* An untitled Pixar animation title will open Nov. 25, 2015.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services