Mary Harron in Talks to Direct Universal's Teen Fantasy 'Wicked Lovely'
"Lovely" is based on the first of a series of best-selling Harper Collins novels by Melissa Marr.
Mary Harron, who got on the directing map with American Psycho, is in negotiations to direct Wicked Lovely, Universal’s teen fantasy project being produced by Vince Vaughn's Wild West Picture Show Productions.
Lovely is based on the first of a series of best-selling Harper Collins novels by Melissa Marr.
The first book centers on a teenage girl who can see the hidden faery world but confronts danger when not only do the faeries discover her ability, but also when one king decides she must be his bride.
Caroline Thompson, whose credits include a slew of Tim Burton movies among them Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride, wrote the script.
Vaughn is producing with Valeri Vaughn and Peter Billingsley.
Kimberly Pierce was previously attached to direct.
Harron’s last feature was the 2005 drama The Notorious Betty Page. She has kept busy in the TV realm helming episodes of shows such as The Nine, Six Degrees and Big Love. She is repped by WME and D/F Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10